Friday, January 1, 2010

Nice experiences

Ok, so you remember Segundo the Taxista .... we have had studies but not consistantly.... HOLIDAYS and our travel have made it difficult to have the study consistantly ..... mainly the HOLIDAYS .... "Hermano Bill I have to make hay while the sunshines" ..... that would be the rough translation of what he has told me.... he promissed to get back to it after the holidays.....


Another experience ..... after getting here and getting settled some months back, we leave the meeting for service and go out in the door to door work .... which just happens to be the the same block as the meeting for service.... first door, or better said, place to talk is a restaurant .... (here we work everything on the block, a business is just like a home, and the owners don't think a thing of it,  if you stop to talk to them at their business, at times they will even ignore the clients when they approach, if they are engrossed in the conversation,..... just like back in the States right? ......  Riiiiiiight!) So we have this really nice conversation about "Who really rules the world?" .... at the time we have no Bible Teach books as previously mentioned in another blog, some time ago, (we were out of them at the hall).... so I made arrangements to call back and discuss more about the solution to the problem ....ruler of the world that is... and deliver a book, once they are in our grubby mitts ..... Well I tried several times to go back but each time the restaurant was packed, so I would continue on my way ..... eventually I put it (the call) on the back burner, as this was the problem each time I went.... but while on the back burner it was burning a hole in my brain (well not literally.... but you get the idea, .... I needed to get back to him!!!) So two weeks ago on a Thursday, during the week of the CO visit, Carol wants to go out in the afternoon ... not a normal day for us to be in the ministry .... when she tells me this at lunch, I think to myself NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But she continues to talk about some calls she going to do and how she wants to get back to them ... blah blah blah.... and I'm thinking, not saying mind you, just thinking ............Noooooooooooooo ..... I don't WANT to go out this afternoon, I'm tired..... Just being honest here! .......... But not wanting to curb her enthusiasm, ... I GO, .... but honestly my heart was just not there ..... anyway we go and do her calls, some home, others not and we are not far from "the restuarant" so I think to myself, what the heck, I might as well try to see if the guy is there (by this time I'm not thinking about being tired).... well he is, and the restaurant is not full, in fact it's almost empty .... so I ask for Miguel and of course he comes out, and I ask him if he remembers me,  and he says he does, and I mention that we had this really nice discussion about, who really rules the world and he says he remembers it, and that you (I) stopped by about 2 months ago, and I tell him more like 4 (with my head hung low) and that the bible teaches that it is "Satan" is the ruler of the World (my jaw drops because that seldom happens  ...  it normally takes about 3 visits and then review, and then rereading the scriptures to get them to remember that Satan is the ruler of this world  ..... and he remembers what the bible taught in one sitting .... got a live one here!) So we continue our discussion and he has a million questions (that might be an bit of an exaggeration ... but he has a lot!) So, I show him the book,  Bible Teach that is, and he can see that most of the questions are in the book ... so I ask him, Which one he would like answered first? and he says "lets start from the beginning" (that's always a good place) so we demonstrate how we study the bible with the help of the BT book, and make arrangements to come back next week, after the restuarant closes.... then after making the arrangements, we realize we have the Circuit Assembly that week, and the Pioneer Day meeting, on that day, so we have to go back and tell him that we maybe a bit later then mentioned, as we have the meeting .... "No problem" (after all he has been waiting 4 months for this moment) ..... The day arrives and it's Christmas day (how did we forget that when we made our plans? I think to myself  ..... MORON, I am) ...... So I give him a call after the meeting, and get his wife, and she puts me on hold, and then comes back to the phone and says "we will be here" (really? on Christmas day? Don't you want to spend time with your family? Nooooo of course I didn't say all that,  but I was thinking it!) So we go on down to their place, and they are cleaning after a "very busy day" his words,  and he asks if we can wait for about 10 minutes (that's Latin 10 minutes which is code for a minimum of 20 minutes on everybody elses time piece) so after they get all cleaned up, and yes, we did offer to help them clean up .... but they said Nooooooooooo, with a smile on there face.... They come out changed, all spiffed up, and we sit down for the study and have a wonderful study with them as a couple,  of the first 3 subheadings in the book,  Chapter 1 "What is the Truth about God".... after the study we are chatting and he mentions that they have not eaten dinner and would like us to stay for dinner with them .... at first I'm thinking we have safer food at home and there will be no chance of us eating PORK or CHANCHO at home (a Heilig no no here in EC, as it causes toooooooo many problems for us .... if you know I mean .... and I'm sure you do)   and tell him we have a few other things to do, which we do, but he won't take no for and answer, so we stay and it's CHICKEN with a plate full of rice ..... RELIEF no CHANCHO and NO next day, next week, next month problems after eating it.... Jehovah had mercy on us !!!! Thank you!!!!!! Then we told them that we could not get back for the study, due to travel for work plans, we need to care for ..... "no problem, we will be waiting for you until you get back" (that sounds good)..... moral of story .... get back to those RV's sooner and be more diligent (down here we have soooo many calls it's easy to put people on the "back burner") and when my wife says "let's go out" when I DON'T WANT TO, .... to go anyway ... because evidently the Spirit works more powerfully with her then me (Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch comes to mind ..... in this case Carol and the Resturantur)  And thank Jehovah when he makes it possible to have a study, that after, serves you dinner ...... and it's not Chancho!


Love to U all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT experience....and so funny how you tell it!!! Keep them coming please!!! It's so faith strengthening to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was from me....Susie Werner...I'm still trying to figure out how to do this....You would think Neal would help me since he's such a smarty pants...but No.....

    ReplyDelete