Saturday, March 27, 2010

TGC Update







So Carl calls me yesterday afternoon ........

and says that wants to give me something to write about (seems he's gotten into this TGC thing) He says "remember how in the building we are in, there is all that retail space below, on the first floor?" ....."yes Carl, I I I I I remember" ... "well you'll not believe what's happening" ..... what? "they had a drawing and you won some furniture?" (I say with a sarcastic voice)...... "NOooooo" he says, as if that would be out of the realm of possibility with TGC...... "nothing like that" he says, and then starts laughing .... "you won't believe what kind of shop they are putting in, and they are having the grand opening at 5PM today" (ok .... so I wont believe it, .... then why are you calling me?) "They are putting a coffee place (like a Starbuck's, but better I'm imagining) with pastries and great coffee" (all for a pittance here in EC) ..... "Nice to hear that Carl" ..... "You guys should come by and take some photos, so you can put it on the blog", he says enthusiastically ..... O oooooooh ok, .... Im starting to get the picture here (you know the saying "salt in the wound" ... got it!) And of course we can't go,  because I have a call to make, at above hour,  ........  and that was the reason for the call, to invite us to the Grand Opening. There so nice aren't they... MAKES ME SICK! ;-)
Perhaps your thinking ..."Coffee Place"? .... not much to get excited about down there ..... well for Carl "Coffee Place" would be like .... how can I say it? .... I know, ..... the rest of us hitting the mother load or something like that ..... He/ they ..... L O V E   C O F F E E! and I mean LOVE IT!!!!!!! So now they don't even have to leave the building, to get great coffee ..... 


TGC thing #7 in Ecuador .... Not even here for 2 months and they have more good things happen to them then most of us have had in a lifetime! .... This is getting ridiculous ;-) 
One of our mutual friends wrote us after the original blog on TGC and said .... "But I tell you, they do leave in an alternate universe from the rest of us" .... that comes right out of the email she sent us (cut and pasted) .... I think the word you were looking for was "live",   not leave,  Anna,  (leave is live with a latin accent ...... oh no .......Oops ...... didn't mean to reveal my source) but believe me we know what you mean..... Jerry's Kid ... :-0 (No ones safe on this blog ... AM ...... no one .... beware of the crazy blogger here in Cuenca) .... Yeah! that was fun! 
TGC ....... TBC! (to be continued) .... have a good day....... 

Photos of the "Coffee palace" to follow,  ..... uuuuuh "place" I mean..... whenever we can get over to the nice part of town. The Webbs live in latin AMERICA and we live in LATIN america


3 comments:

  1. Jerry's kid...sounds like a Nick comment..thanks for the wonderful blogs. So nice to hear your joyful commentary...life must be so nice that complaining about the TGC is the only negative thing there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny, interesting and cool! Good to hear your voice and to see Carol and your friends. You need to get yourself in these as well.......
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be there with you guys!Remember when we use to go to Wild Oats and Starbucks for coffee and por supuesto POSTRE!! :)
    Miss you guys A LOT!! Good to hear your experiences.
    Los quiero mucho!!
    Karla L.

    ReplyDelete