Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can you tell what is in this photo .... uuuuh x-ray?


OK, so we have this couple that we study the bible with... they have 2 boys named Fabrioso and Daniel... So I stop by one day to say hi and see how they are doing... just a bit before I leave, Daniel comes into the room crying and carrying on and pinching his neck... When Miguel (the dad) asks "what's wrong"?  ......Fabrioso says Daniel swallowed a coin! But evidently it hasn't gone down ... it's stuck in his throat! So dad suggests he drink some water to carry it down and then hopefully it will pass (not much more detail needed there ... right?) I thought it sounded like a good idea .... with all my medical background seemed logical ..... He couldn't get it down by the time I was leaving but I figured it would make its way there.... Move ahead three days ....
Last Saturday we go to have our study with them .... Miguel tells me they had to go to the doctor the day before to have the coin removed ...... from his stomach? ..... No his throat! ...... Can you imagine? Stuck in his throat for 2 days ..... I was thinking it would pass but when you see the size in comparison with his body there was no way that penny was going to pass through his system .... Shows you what I know about helping the little guys .....
Good thing Carol was around to help Brent when was a little guy ... probably the reason he is alive .... you know it wasn't because of me ..... yikes!

Yeah he feels better now.... Daniel


1 comment:

  1. All's well that ends well.

    Thoroughly documented...can I say cute?

    ReplyDelete