Monday, July 6, 2009

Sitting In Lima



12:05 last night (this morning) we arrived in Lima, Peru. 8:30 of flying time ..... fun, what more can I say...... One good thing, on the plane they had a monitor for each person and programming that allowed you to watch movies... all you had to do is pick one and watch, and as many as you could fit into the trip, of course my controls didn't work properly so I had the overhead light blaring in my face the entire time, and had to reset the movie over and over, fortunately the movie had the ability to restart where it left off...... I mention this due to the fact I know some think everything goes smoothly for me all the time (Nick M.) so I want to dispel that crazy idea. We decided to sleep in the airport ..... too far to go for a few hours of hotel time...... as a result we are still sleepy even the good coffee here hasn't had an effect..... and we have lots of aches and cricks in our necks ..... three seats with spaces in between each one ..... not exactly the "Heavenly Bed" we have been sleeping on for years...... but definitely better then the alternative porcelain floor here at the airport...... The Lima airport is new and modern (see photos) right up to the irritating techno music coming from the Hugo Boss store you see in the photo...... the kid working there I'm sure thinks he is doing a public service for all seated in the area where you can get free WiFi.... and the story continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment